Friday, February 20, 2009

Reprieve

It's Friday - in all it's beautiful glory. This week has been a treat; everything at school just seemed to work and I didn't have a panic attack about what I would be doing with any of my classes even once. An idea for a child care unit game that I've been toying with for a year and a half finally came together in my head and it was easy to put together and the students loved it. In fact, they've asked every day since if we could play it again. I know that I've mentioned this before, but I have to say it again - I am just so grateful for the Lord taking me by the hand and helping me do what I need to do. Lately I've been praying that I can be a blessing in the lives of others. I think that we do receive what we ask for because I feel like my mind has been opened and my patience has been increased.
Friday evening just feels like such a reprieve. After a long week of getting up early, running errands, hoping I don't forget to take my kids where they need to go (and then return when I'm supposed to - guess who was 10 minutes late picking up from dance and felt like crap even when Sugar said it was OK? yep. I know, there's worse things, but still it's hard not to feel like the moms that have it together don't do stuff like that). Honey's kicked back in the recliner reading and Sugar has her cousin over for a sleepover (they're watching Tinkerbell right now). Mr. Charming is sanding the door on the room we're overhauling and I'm listening to the dryer and enjoying some free time now that dinner is over. It's just regular life, nothing extraordinary but I can't help but feel that this life is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment