Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fast Sunday

Listening to our daughters laugh as they tease each other has to be one of my favorite sounds. Right now, the girls are all ready for church and joking around while Mr. Charming is finishing getting ready. Fast Sunday is always a tough one for me. I feel like I haven't found my testimony of it yet and I know it's because I haven't really invested myself fully in it. This is a time for me with many weighty concerns and this - fasting & prayer - feels like the right way to come to the Lord with them. It's my nature to feel and, honestly, really believe that everything will be all right. That it will be the way it's supposed to be. But on the large scale (problems in the world; problems with the economy) and on the small scale (our teen, Honey, heading off to high school next year), I feel as though I need to do something to address my concerns. So this fast Sunday is about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment