Friday, April 17, 2009

me

There are times lately when I sense a moment of myself in a previous time of my life. It always catches me by surprise. In so many ways I feel like I've always been the way I am now - that what matters to me now has always mattered and I've always thought the things I think - and yet, in these moments, I find that I have changed. I feel as though I've lived many lives and been many versions of this person I am now.
I feel more comfortable with myself that I ever have. I have a much easier time being around others. Aloofness has always come easiest to me...not because I see myself as better than others but because I just live in my head a lot and enjoy observing things. But in the last couple of years, I feel much more able to be in things.
I am really trying to lose the extra weight that I've gained this past year. I want to be happy and I want to be healthy. That is really one area I feel insecure and uncomfortable about regarding myself.
Check out the Susan Boyle clip on YouTube if you haven't already. The one that's about 7 minutes long is the better one because it hasn't been edited. I can't really explain what touches me so much about it but I've watched it almost every day for the past few days. I think I'm almost more moved by the judges reactions as they're watching her - it's as though you can see them let down their guards and just be completely moved by her. I find it really uplifting. There's also an audio clip of her singing "cry me a river" from several years ago and it's very good also.
Congratulations Ashton Kutcher about Twitter. Power to the People and all...the world as we know it is changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment